Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1b4knJnx4 A Yellow Ribbon..: Pumpkin Pie

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Hello, so I have decided to begin a blog for myself and anyone else who will listen. I am fairly new to blogging but hey I figure if I can sit down and write in my journal about things I could just as well do it online. Besides, typing is so much faster than pen. =)

I decided that the title fits for today, it IS October and it IS that time of year where peoples homes become festive and fun. People are selling those candles that smell of holiday spices and other delicious aromas. Halloween decorations are coming out and soon Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Today I decided I wanted to bake a pumpkin pie, so my home is filled with the delicious aromas! Who doesn't love that smell while its baking!? Now it is cooling and I am hoping to be able to have a slice tonight before I go off to bed. :) YUM!

As many of you probably have noticed, my blog name is, A Yellow Ribbon. Yes, that is correct my dearies. I am an Army wife. Currently my wonderful soldier and I have a beautiful 10 month old daughter, and we live in a wonderful home. Being an Army wife is definitely interesting and it has many obstacles, as well as LOOOOONNNGG stretches of being alone and idle, which is another reason for me to start this!

Currently my soldier is deployed, and I am counting the days until he comes back home. Supposedly rumor has it that he will be coming back home in a couple of months. (If we're lucky. If any of you are army wives you know that many things are said but that doesn't mean it WILL happen at the given date and time.) So, lets keep our fingers crossed that he will make it back for Christmas!


Well, that pie seems to be calling my name.. Write again soon! xo, to any of you out there reading this!

P.S. I leave you with this...
"
Around her hair she wore a yellow ribbon
She wore it in the springtime
In the merry month of May
And if you ask her why the heck she wore it
She wore it for her soldier who was far far away

Far away, far away
She wore it for her soldier
Who was far, far away
Around the block she pushed a baby carriage
She pushed it in the springtime
In the Merry month of May
And if you ask her why the heck she pushed it
She pushed it for her soldier who was far far away

Far away, far away
She pushed it for her soldier
Who was far, far away
Behind the door her daddy kept a shotgun
He kept it in the springtime
In the merry month of May
And if you ask him why the heck he kept it
He kept it for her soldier who was far far away

Far away, far away
He kept it for her soldier
Who was far, far away
On the grave she laid the pretty flowers
She laid them in the springtime
In the merry month of May
And if you asked her why the heck she laid them
She laid them for her soldier who was far far away

Far away, far away
She laid them for her soldier
Who was far, far away   "

2 comments: